2017 FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners Announced
CHICAGO, April 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA) and CNA today announced the recipients of this year's Safety Awards. Open to all FMA and Tube & Pipe International (TPA) company members, the FMA/CNA Safety Awards program recognizes metal fabrication companies that have an ongoing commitment to excellence in safety. Award winners are determined by the FMA Safety Council and the awards are sponsored by CNA.
"On behalf of the FMA, I'm pleased to announce this year's FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners," said Edward Youdell, President and CEO, FMA. "The companies that are receiving safety awards this year have set a standard of excellence that all manufacturers should try and match. FMA, along with CNA, are proud to recognize these manufacturers for their outstanding achievements in the area of safety."
"We're proud to recognize these companies for their outstanding and ongoing efforts to create safe working conditions for their employees," said Roger Wilson, Assistant Vice President and Industry Leader, Manufacturing, CNA. "This accomplishment could not be achieved without a culture dedicated to safety and risk management."
The 2017 Safety Award of Honor is presented to companies having perfect safety records – no recordable injuries or illnesses for calendar year 2016.
Companies receiving the 2017 Safety Award of Honor are:
- Cerro Flow Products LLC, Vinta Park, Mo.
- D & M Metal Products, Comstock Park, Mich.
- Eskay Metal Fabricating, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Haven Manufacturing Group, Brunswick, Ga.
- KMS Fab, Luzerne, Penn.
- Material Fabricators, Inc., Buellton, Calif.
- Mech-Tronics, Melrose Park, Ill.
- Nova Group, Inc., Napa, Calif.
- Olympic Steel, Clarence Dr., Mt. Sterling, Ky.
- Plymouth Tube, Streator, Ill.
- Richards Sheet Metal Works, Inc., Ogden, Utah
- Standard Iron, Monticello, Minn.
- Superior Joining Technologies, Inc., Machesney Park, Ill.
- T.J. Snow, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Waukesha Metal Products, Grafton, Wis.
- WSF Industries, Inc., Tonawanda, N.Y.
- Welfab, Inc., No. Billerica, Mass.
- Zekelman Industries – Blytheville, Blytheville, Ark.
The 2017 Safety Award of Merit is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2016 that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code.
Companies receiving the 2017 Safety Award of Merit are:
- ADM Mechanical, Decatur, Ill.
- Anderson & Dahlen, Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
- BTD Manufacturing, (Two facilities - Detroit Lakes, Minn. and Washington, Ill.)
- Cerro Flow Products LLC, Shelbina, Mo.
- Columbiana Hi Tech, LLC, Kernersville, N.C.
- Dupps Company, Germantown, Ohio
- Eberl Iron Works, Buffalo, N.Y.
- GH Metal Solutions, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
- Laystrom Manufacturing, Chicago, Ill.
- Olympic Steel, (Six facilities – Detroit, Mich.; Chambersburg, Penn.; Bedford Heights, Ohio; Gary, Ind.; Plymouth, Minn.; and Winder Ga.)
- PlayCore Wisconsin, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
- Precision Fabricating & Cleaning Co., Inc., Cocoa, Fla.
- Progressive Metal Manufacturing Co., Warren, Mich.
- Standard Iron – (Two facilities - Grand Island, Neb. and Sauk Centre, Minn.)
- Zekelman Industries – (Three facilities – Cambridge, Ohio; Chicago-Structural, Chicago, Ill.; and Harrow, Ontario, Canada)
The 2017 Safety Award – Honorable Mention is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2016 that is at least equal to but less than 10 percent better than the published BLS rate based on their NAICS code.
Companies receiving the 2017 Safety Award – Honorable Mention are:
- Buhler Aeroglide, Cary, N.C.
- GSM Industrial, Lancaster, Penn.
- Olympic Steel, Owingsville Rd., Mt. Sterling, K.Y.
- Progressive Metal Manufacturing, Ferndale, Mich.
- Zekelman Industries – (Two facilities – Chicago-Pipe, Chicago, Ill., and Plymouth Mich.)
The 2017 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to Eberl Iron Works, Buffalo, N.Y., for being the Safety Awards winner with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year.
To be eligible to receive recognition, companies were required to submit OSHA Form 300A, Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, for the period Jan. 1, 2016 through Dec. 31, 2016. Firms of all sizes were eligible. Winners were determined based on NAICS code categories and BLS injury and illness incidence rates.
The awards will be presented at a recognition dinner at the Annual FMA Safety Conference, which will be held April 19-20, 2017 in Elgin (Chicago), Ill. at FMA's newly constructed headquarters. For more information on the awards program, the Safety Conference, or FMA membership, please visit www.fmanet.org or call 888-394-4362.
CNA has been FMA's endorsed business insurance provider for more than 30 years. The FMA/CNA insurance program offers asset protection tailored to the needs of metal manufacturing companies, dedicated customer service from an independent agent and industry-specific counsel. To learn more about the FMA/CNA insurance program, please visit www.cna.com/fma.
Serving businesses and professionals since 1897, CNA is the country's eighth largest commercial insurance writer and the 14th largest property and casualty company. CNA's insurance products include commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine, and other property and casualty coverages. CNA's services include risk management, information services, underwriting, risk control and claims administration. For more information, please visit CNA at www.cna.com. "CNA" is a trademark registered by CNA Financial Corporation with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Certain CNA Financial Corporation subsidiaries use the "CNA" trademark in connection with insurance underwriting and claims activities.
Follow CNA (NYSE: CNA) on: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
Based in Elgin, Ill., FMA is a professional organization with nearly 2,300 members working together to improve the metal fabricating and forming industry. Founded in 1970, FMA brings metal fabricators and fabricating equipment manufacturers together through technology councils, educational programs, networking events, and the FABTECH® trade show. FMA also has a technology affiliate, the Tube & Pipe Association, International (TPA), which focuses on the unique needs of companies engaged in tube and pipe producing and fabricating.
CNA: Brandon Davis, 312-822-5167
FMA: Megan Paja, 815-227-8203
SOURCE CNA; FMA